Competition Giveaway Terms & Conditions
- For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, "The Promoter" refers to Always Knitting and Sewing. The "Prize" refers to our March Sewing subscription box
- By entering the competition you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. All entries must be received by midday on the 28th February 2022. One winner in the United Kingdom will be selected at random by the promoter on 19/9/21 and the winner will be notified on or after this date.
- The Promotors competition is only to residents of the United Kingdom. One winner will be chosen at random from all entrants and across all platforms.
- No purchase necessary. Winners will not be required to pay to enter the competition.
- Entrants must be over 18 years old on the date of their entry.
- Employees of The Promoter are not eligible to enter.
- Instagram or Facebook are not in any way affiliated or involved in the competition..
- The Promoter will not be held liable for any failure of receipt of entries. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any entries which are lost, delayed, illegible, corrupted, damaged, incomplete or otherwise invalid.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, The Promoter’s liability under or in connection with the competition or these terms and conditions shall be limited to the cost price of the Prize in question.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, The Promoter shall not be liable under or in connection with these terms and conditions, the competition or any Prize for any indirect, special or consequential cost, expense, loss or damage suffered by a participant even if such cost, expense, loss or damage was reasonably foreseeable or might reasonably have been contemplated by the participant and the promoter and whether arising from breach of contract, tort, negligence, breach of statutory duty or otherwise.
- Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferable and non-refundable. No cash alternative is available. Where a Prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to substitute that prize for a prize of equal or higher value.
- The name, address, email address and phone number of the winner must be provided to The Promoter if requested and will be shared to enable fulfilment of the Prize.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond The Promoter’s reasonable control, the promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition or these terms and conditions, either in whole or in part, with or without notice.
- The Promoter's decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner’s name and social media username may be posted on the social media profiles of The Promotor after the winner has been selected.
By shopping with Always Knitting & Sewing you are accepting and agreeing to the terms and conditions we operate under.
The only details we require for you to make your purchase will be the address to which your goods will be dispatched to and email address.
We will keep a record of this to deal with any issues and ensure we are able to give you the best customer care
We may also let you know of any periodical special offers only available to our current customers. Should you not wish to receive any offers please let us know by email.
The details will not be shared with any third parties whatsoever.
Registered Address: ALWAYS KNITTING AND SEWING LIMITED
To ensure adequate security is in place for the transaction we accept payment through paypal & Shopify pay
All prices on the website are in pounds sterling and are inclusive of VAT.
Orders which are to be shipped outside the EU may be subject to import duties or taxes applicable to the country of destination, as such they are the responsibility of the customer.
The Customer is entitiled to cancel the order up to eight working days after delivery, refund will be made once the goods are returned to us in the same condition as their original dispatch condition
Unless faulty, goods cut to measure such as fabric or ribbon cannot be returned.
The content of this website is owned by Always Knitting & Sewing. Any copying of the website for purposes other than personal non commercial use is prohibited without the written consent of Always Knitting and Sewing.
All use of the website and electronic interaction must be for a lawful purpose.
Always Knitting & Sewing conditions are in accordance with the laws of England and shall be construed accordingly.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and payment details
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To process your order and obtain payment
- Internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.